WELCOME TO MAGNOLIA LITTLE LEAGUE "A"-BALL !
ABOUT "A" BASEBALL (BOYS)
- For Boys 6-7 years old (Girls may play on the boys teams if preferred by parents. Please register for Boys A ball or contact commissioner for more information)
- All players and coaches MUST Register. ( See Registration page on our website for fees and league age determination)
- Deadline to register is MARCH 1ST. (If you miss the deadline please contact the A-Ball Commissioner- see bottom of page for contact info)
- Instructional division to learn the fundamentals of teamwork, fielding, and hitting
- Approximately 12 players per team (depending on the number of coaches and players)
- Teams Rosters are selected randomly. Coaches may have their own children on their team along with an assistant coach and thier child. The rest of the roster is randomly selected and balanced by the Commissioner. No exceptions.
- Coaches are volunteers made up of parents or adults who have completed and passed MLL background check.
- ONE COACH and ONE MANAGER may request to be paired together prior to the formation of teams. Once team rosters are determined by the Commisioner, parents/friends and other interested adults can volunteer to be an assistant coach for their child's assigned team.
- No previous experience required for either players or coaches
- Usually 2 games per week, on Magnolia North Field # 4 by Our Lady of Fatima
- Usually 1 practice per week.
- League training program is available to help coaches and parents.
- Optional Coach and Player instructional clinics will be held before and during the season.
- Game and practice schedules are usually posted in late March.
- Season begins 1st or 2nd week of April and runs through May.
- Depending on Local Rules and Guidelines, players will hit from pitching machine and coach pitch.
- Helmets and Bats are provided. (Players may use their own helmet but it must have a face guard)
- Players should not use their own bats.
- Baseball Glove is required but not provided. The league DOES have extra gloves that can be used if needed. Please contact your commissioner.
- Registration fee included Team uniform (Shirt, Pants, & Hat)
- PLEASE SEE "LOCAL RULES" page on our website for information about how A Ball is played.
- Scoring is informal and no records are kept. There are no playoffs in A-Ball.
- Continuous Batting Line-Up. All kids play all positions.
- IMPORTANT: Magnolia Little League is an instructional baseball league. As for A- Ball, the league is focused on letting the kids have fun while learning the game of baseball.
- Please also visit the league calendar page or main page for dates and notices.
- Once teams rosters are completed your assigned coach will reach out to you.
- Each team will have it's own online team page with schedules and team info.
FOR MORE QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT THE A- BASEBALL COMMISSIONER:
Your A-Baseballball Commissioner* is: WES WESTERN
firstname.lastname@example.org email subject line 'TO: WES WESTERN- A BALL COMMISSIONER"
*COMMISSIONER ROLE: is 100% voluntary!
- Forms teams and schedules practices and games
- Communicates League information to coaches and parents
- Works with A-Ball Board Advisory Committee to maintain instruction and positive environment for all.
- MLL Local Rule enforcement
- Answers questions and concerns relative to A-Ball and Baseball and sometimes other things too.