WELCOME TO MLL "MAJORS"-BASEBALL !
ABOUT "MAJORS" BASEBALL (BOYS)
PLEASE NOTE:to play MAJORS Baseball, players must attend the pre-season Skills Evalution (aka "Player Tryouts") in order to be drafted to a MAJORS team. CLICK ON "Player Tryouts" for more information. Click here
- For Boys 10-12 years old (Girls may play on the boys teams if preferred by parents. Please register for Boys MAJORS ball or contact commissioner for more information) Please see Age Chart for league age determination. Located at bottom of Registration page.
- All players and coaches MUST Register. ( See Registration page on our website for fees and league age determination)
- Deadline to register is MARCH 1ST. (If you miss the deadline please contact the MAJORS-Ball Commissioner- see bottom of page for contact info)
- IMPORTANT: To play in the MAJORS age division, your player must attend the MAJORS SKILLS EVALUATION. See "Player Tryouts" on website. The Skills Evaluation event is used to evaluate the player's ability in order to balance the roster fairly and to guage instruction needs. Managers will draft players. To enter the draft and play AAA, players must have completed the Skills Evalution aka Player Tryouts.
- Instructional division to learn the fundamentals of teamwork, fielding, and hitting
- Approximately 11 players per team (depending on the number of coaches and players)
- Teams Rosters are selected randomly. Managers and Coaches may have their own children on their team. The remainder of the roster is randomly selected AND balanced by the Commissioner. No exceptions.
- Coaches are volunteers made up of parents or adults who have completed and passed MLL background check.
- ONE COACH and ONE MANAGER may request to be paired together prior to the formation of teams. Once team rosters are determined by the Commisioner, parents/friends and other interested adults can volunteer to be an assistant coach for their child's assigned team.
- Previous experience coaching baseball is highly recommended but not required.
- 2 games per week, (during the week and on Saturdays) on Raye Field at Bayview Park.
- Usually 1-2 practices per week.
- League training program is available to help coaches and parents.
- Optional Coach and Player instructional clinics will be held before and during the season.
- Game and practice schedules are usually posted in late March.
- Season begins 1st or 2nd week of April and runs through May.
- See Little League International Rules. (Player pitch, no machine or coach pitch)
- Helmets and Bats are provided. (Players may use their own helmet but it MUST have a face guard)
- Players may use their own bats, but the bats must be Little League approved. We recommend you don't invest in a bat until you've talked with your coach or commissioner.
- Baseball Glove is required but not provided. The league DOES have extra gloves that can be used if needed. Please contact your commissioner. Baseball cleats are necessary. Protective Cup is MANDATORY.
- Registration fee included Team uniform (Shirt, Pants, socks, belt & Hat)
- PLEASE SEE "LOCAL RULES" page on our website for information about how MAJORS Ball in Magnolia LL is played.
- There will be an End of Season Playoff Tournament. Double elimination, no seeding (completely random).
- IMPORTANT: Magnolia Little League is an instructional baseball league. As for MAJORS- Ball, the league is focused on letting the kids have fun while learning the game of baseball. Majors instruction will begin to prepare the players for the traditional game played in Juniors and Seniors.
- Please also visit the league calendar page or main page for dates and notices.
- Once teams rosters are completed your assigned coach will reach out to you.
- Each team will have it's own online team page with schedules and team info.
FOR MORE QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT THE MAJORS- BASEBALL COMMISSIONER:
Your interim AAA-Baseball Commissioner* is: STEVE FARLEY
firstname.lastname@example.org email subject line "TO: STEVE FARLEY- MAJORS Baseball COMMISSIONER"
*COMMISSIONER ROLE: is 100% voluntary!
- Forms teams and schedules practices and games
- Communicates League information to coaches and parents
- Works with MAJORS -Ball Board Advisory Committee to maintain instruction and positive environment for all.
- MLL Local Rule enforcement
- Answers questions and concerns relative to MAJORS and Baseball and sometimes other things too.